Wednesday, October 14, 2009

June 20, 2009

10 days after I fell out of bed [Which now has railings. Also known as Durable Medical Equipment. With NO thanks to Louisiana Medicaid, who DENIED my request]. That fall was the third time I had fallen out of bed since the stroke. The first requiring a hospital visit. Not that THAT did any good.

10 days out and the more active I am, the more I lose control of my bladder and my bowels. I have made messes for days and a person should not have to live like this, so friends took me to the Emergency room. They took a blood test, some radiology, told me I had gastroenteritis and sent me home with some anti diarrhea medicine.

The Neurosurgeon ordered up a Urodynamic [Urologist], and referred me to a Gastroenterologist. Finally, I thought, we shall get some answers. My mistake. Thought and Medicaid are like oil and water. At least here in Louisiana and under Secretary Levine's watch. Oh, and Medicaid does not seem inclined to give answers either.

Yesterday Medicaid canceled the urodynamics exam, which had been scheduled since 10 days after I fell out of bed. Medicaid told me that I have reached the limit for doctor visits. I've not yet determined if they mean ANY/ALL doctor visits, until when, or whether that includes other ordered and scheduled tests already on the books. Mr. Levine, care to answer, sir?

Fill in the blank, check the box. Move to the right... 

No comments: