Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back Story II - No Pun Intended

Going back to the blizzard of March 17, 1973 and pushing many cars out of snowbound ditches that week, I have had back problems. Anyone knowing me much of these past 36 years knows that my back has not been one of my strong points for many years, and in-fact, has been through more than a couple violent traumas.

Neurosurgeon ordered Durable Hardware to operate, but was DENIED by Louisiana Medicaid.

My thinking is that I put far more faith in what any Neurosurgeon says about a brain or spine over the bureaucratic nightmare named MEDICAID, eh?  
 
MRI May 8, 2009:




Should I only be told to, 'Take Aleve' for this? That's what Louisiana Medicaid says. You tell me...


 I'm working on an index of medical definitions for you. In the meantime:

Annular Bulge:




But you know, it wasn't until just this past May that turning to put that fork or spoon into the drawer that the sciatic nerve went bonkers [and hasn't stopped since]:




Spondylosis: (spinal osteoarthritis) is a degenerative disorder that may cause loss of normal spinal structure and function. Although aging is the primary cause, the location and rate of degeneration is individual. The degenerative process of spondylosis may affect the cervical (neck), thoracic (mid-back), or lumbar (low back) regions of the spine.

A month after the MRI, I fell out of bed.


No comments: