Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall Out of Bed - June 10, 2009

I remember the feeling that I was falling quite rapidly from a height. I was whirling my arms in that way we have when we're off balance and falling forward. I was dead asleep so I can't say whether hitting my head on the edge of the door woke me, or if I was knocked out when I hit. I remember the pain. I've been conditioned. The blood on the floor didn't phase me. I did upchuck a few times, but made sure I did not fall asleep. Been there, done that. Gave those details to Medicaid already though. Fill in the blank, check the box. Move to the right...

I should not have gone to the emergency room that day. I thought the pain wracking through my body was up there; It was NOTHING compared to the next week. But, test results that I have never been shown indicate no new damage I'm told. okay.

Let's see now... I had had to buy a new laptop while in exile following The Thing. I fell over with it and on to it so many times that my falling destroyed it. You will have to forgive me if I do not recall how many times I have fallen since the stroke. Nine times in the month of October 2008 I know.

I do remember kidney stone #27 passed later the same October day I fell on the outdoor steps and ripped off half the house on the way down. Hey, passing a kidney stone is a major event; ya take the benefits where ya can. No pain help there either. Do we sense a trend? Mr. Levine, can ya help us out here?? Are people that really need intelligent pain management being discriminated against here in New Orleans? Because of The Thing??

I apologize. I forgot that intelligent doesn't quite fit into the Medicaid lexicon.

Ten days later and I was in another Emergency room...

No comments: