Sunday, February 14, 2010

Medical Danger - Bureaucratic Bozos

I have been having Blood Pressure problems since the stroke in November 2005. An ultrasound at Touro Infirmary at the time showed 90%+ occlusion of both carotid arteries. An ultrasound at Oschner Hospital in April 2006 showed the same. An ultrasound at Tulane University Hospital in May 2007 showed the same on the right side and 100% blockage on the left side. I was unable to get medicaid help until January 2008. An ultrasound at East Jefferson General shortly after getting Medicaid approval showed occlusion at less than 50% on both sides which amazed both the cardiologist and myself.

Yesterday I had a very bad day. My blood pressure measured 71/45.

Because Community Care [the people that run Louisiana's Medicaid program] did not answer the phone one single time from November 15 through January 19, I cannot see a Cardiologist until after March 1.

I have to wonder if I'll be alive to see him.

Thanks, Mr. Levine.

No comments: